Daniel Erickson from yammer presents on mixing MVC with Real Time apps.
MVC is here to say because…
- It provides structure to a project
- Allow people to easily jump into a project and multiple people at that
- Easier to get started with
Realtime is great for:
- Getting instant feedback from your users
- Works well on mobile (Voxer)
- WebSockets over long/short polling
How can MVC and Real Time can be mixed?
Enter Geddy…if you know Rails, NoSQL/SQL ORM layers and templating languages than Geddy is a natural progression. PostGres, Riak, MongoDB adapters; EJS and Jade TL’s. Supports RT OOTB.
Geddy gives you a reach ORM/MVC framework that you can readily work into your Node.js applications. I’ll have to take a look when I get back!